Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia, is hiring a 1st shift Warehouse Associate at our Warrenton, Virginia facility. This position is responsible for accurately pulling parts, filling orders, packaging orders for shipment, receiving and stocking incoming shipments, and assembling hydraulic hoses for internal and external customers. Tasks must be performed with a high degree of accuracy and in a timely manner. Seeking candidates with previous work experience in warehouse or parts operations, plus seated lift truck experience, desired.
• Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
• Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong mechanical aptitude required; must be able to learn and apply knowledge of parts, components and equipment.
• Capable of safely operating all material handling equipment, including pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
• Proficient computer technology skills, including the ability to use company software to perform warehouse functions.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
• Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. Will occasionally be required to maneuver items weighing in excess of 70 pounds. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including paid vacation, health, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as retirement plan with 401(k) match.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Qualified candidates may submit a confidential resume at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CAR1060CRTM/JobBoard/2625b169-13d2-4dbc-a867-a2ef29e59ef2/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=9b3beabd-cef2-4ddb-8ec9-be391d4a7679.
In the dirt world, this is where it all starts. As a laborer, you do exactly as the job title suggests whether it be rigging pipe, shoveling rock, sweeping sidewalks, or supporting the overall operation however you can. Machines do a lot of the work, but we still rely on hardworking people to do the last and often most important 5-10%. Regardless of where you aspire to be later in your career, this is the best place to start.Learn More