|Location||Harrisonburg, Virginia||View Website|
|Pay Rate||Based on qualifications.|
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking Shop Technicians (Clean and Inspect) at our Harrisonburg, Virginia location. These positions are responsible for cleaning and inspecting machines and attachments that are returned from rentals. Seeking candidates with previous heavy equipment operation experience and a high mechanical aptitude. Must be able to complete machine and attachment inspections with photos using phone applications, iPads and other company systems.
• Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
• Job requires the ability to use tools and equipment correctly.
• Must follow company safety rules and policies; able to safely operate all models of CAT equipment.
• Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and software required in position.
• Good written and verbal communication skills; able to complete service reports in a timely manner and with a thorough description of work performed.
• Able to maintain a clean and organized work area.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Willing to work overtime as required to meet job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. These positions require repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Work assignments will be completed on ladders, work platforms and high-reach baskets. Able to hold and use high-pressure blast nozzle/paint sprayer for extended periods of time.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including paid vacation, health, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as retirement plan with 401(k) match.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug free workplace.
Qualified candidates may submit a confidential application at https://jobs.silkroad.com/CarterMachinery/Careers/jobs/1405.