Do you enjoy working in safety and thrive in a fast-paced environment? Come work with a well-respected, award winning Contractor where you can make a difference in employee-owner safety and become a valued employee-owner yourself.
Sargent has a rich, century-long history of building lasting infrastructure. We’re not slowing down – not now, not ever. There are many advantages to becoming part of this industrious, caring work family.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program – After 6 months you are invested as an employee owner, with no personal contribution required!
- Great benefits – Including health insurance & HSA, both with company contributions, dental insurance, disability, life, AD&D insurance, 401k with company match, employee stock ownership plan, profit sharing, wellness program with incentives, paid vacation and holiday pay.
- Competitive pay – Based on your experience level.
- Great reputation – Sargent has won numerous awards for safety, excellence in construction, community involvement, and excellence as an employer.
- Stable and growing company – We can trace our history back to 1926 and have continued to grow and expand our business over the years. This stability is why so many employees are able to spend their careers here and retire comfortably.
To learn more about Sargent visit: https://sargent-corp.com
Sargent is searching for a full-time Safety Director. Role specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain and supervise the implementation of the company health and safety plans including PPE.
- Work closely with Sargent Corporation Operations departments and keep them informed of health and safety programs, activities and statistics.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of work site specific health and safety plans including the completion of all required safety related documentation at project sites and at the corporate office.
- Conduct work site safety inspections as time allows.
- Oversee and ensure the effective delivery of weekly safety meetings at all project sites and provide all necessary resources, therefore. This includes planning and hosting monthly Safety Standdowns
- Coordinate with field personnel that all safety equipment (both existing and that considered for purchase) will meet the needs of the job on which it will be used and all OSHA requirements
- Develop and supervise the implementation of appropriate safety orientation for new employees as well as coordinate, documents and maintain records of all necessary safety training for company employees (OSHA 10, OSHA 30, CDL, Silica, CPR).
- Conduct and maintain records for all required training, testing and certifications for appropriate roles (MDOT CDL, MUTCD Traffic Control, etc.).
- Review all incident reports and ensure the completion of appropriate follow up, including but not limited to investigation.
- Manage the company’s worker’s compensation claims and insurance program as well as all efforts to reduce costs.
- Ensure that all injured employees receive necessary and appropriate treatment for work related injuries.
- Oversee the ongoing compilation of company safety statistics and records, including but not limited to EMR, lost time rate, recordable rate, types of injuries and OSHA log and prepare a weekly safety report.
- Chairs Regional Safety Committee and actively participates in Industry Trade/Safety Groups
- Coordinates and plans for Accident Investigation Committee meetings
Based out of our corporate office in Stillwater, ME, this position will require some travel to our regional offices in New Hampshire and Virginia as well as various jobsites. Sargent provides mileage reimbursement and pays for lodging, should overnight travel be required.
If you believe you have the experience, skills and forward-thinking attitude to be a Sargent, we want to hear from you!
Email your resume directly to Sargent at: email@example.com
** Please specify you are applying for the Safety Director role. **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.