Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking an Instore Sales Representative at our Baltimore, Maryland location.This position is responsible for front-line customer service, assisting with parts inquiries and processing parts orders in an inside, counter-sales environment. Will research, recommend, and provide pricing for parts to external and internal customers. Will perform essential warehousing functions as needed. Seeking candidates with prior experience ordering parts in a service-related industry. Must possess a strong technical aptitude and the ability to understand/practice sales techniques. Previous experience in the Heavy Equipment industry preferred, with knowledge of CAT and competitive model parts. College degree a plus.
• Self-starter able to multi-task and handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands.
• Exceptional customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build solid relationships.
• Must have excellent written, verbal, and telephone communication skills.
• Computer skills are required, including Microsoft products and other applications; able to learn Caterpillar’s “Dealer Business System” (DBS) and related rental software programs.
• Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including paid vacation, health, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as retirement plan with 401(k) match.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug free workplace.
Qualified candidates may submit a confidential application at https://jobs.silkroad.com/CarterMachinery/Careers/jobs/1473.