Who we are:
Zadoon, LLC is a small, family-owned business that purchases and sells used heavy equipment, and is seeking to hire a full-time, permanent Heavy Equipment Yard Manager.
This role will lead all yard-related operations. This position requires regional travel and will require a valid driver’s license. This position also requires familiarity with and the ability to operate heavy equipment. If you are not familiar with operating and/or servicing loaders, excavators, backhoes, articulated trucks, motor graders, pavers, and other such equipment, please do not apply to this position.
Please note that this position will be required to work hours between 7:00AM and 4:00 PM Eastern Time and may be required to go beyond standard working hours on occasion.
We are looking for a Heavy Equipment Yard Manager to manage our yard operations and to assist with sales, procurement, and rental as needed. Candidate must be local to the Baltimore area with the ability to travel regionally as required. Additional details on the role below.
The position will be based at our yard in Crofton, MD, and requires a valid US Driver’s License with a clean MVR, and the ability to operate and lightly service heavy equipment. If you are not familiar with operating and/or servicing loaders, excavators, backhoes, articulated trucks, motor graders, pavers, and other such equipment, please do not apply to this position.
The position will work normal business hours during the week but may be asked to take on some overtime or weekend work as needed.
What you will do:
- Your time will likely be spent in the following areas:
- 60%: Manage yard activities
- Help set up, organize, and manage yard
- Fuel and oil station
- Power washing station
- Containers for storage
- Coordinate office trailer installation including permits, ADA accessibility, etc.
- Vendors and vendor access
- Source and organize tools/supplies needed
- Receive incoming machines
- Obtain photos, videos, and an internal inspection after machines are power-washed, serviced, and ready to be marketed
- Organize inventory in yard
- Manage existing machines
- Conduct general services such as replacing oils & filters
- Address, diagnose, and repair machine issues as they arise (or coordinate vendors for such services)
- Handle outgoing machines
- Obtain Bills of Lading where needed
- Ensure transport- and port-readiness
- Coordinate transport vendors at yard
- Coordinate yard-related activities
- Storage agreements for third parties wanting to store their equipment with Zadoon
- Rental agreements with clients looking to rent our equipment
- Includes capturing rental contracts, insurance information, and GPS tracking device installation
- Client visits and test runs of machinery
- Port readiness services
- Incoming client machines earmarked for auctions
- Ensure marketability of unit by providing photos, videos, inspections, and honest and thorough representation
- 25%: Pre-purchase inspections
- Travel locally and regionally to inspect machines prior to purchase
- May be multiple machines at an auction, or machines sitting at different yards from other sources
- Manage third-party inspectors (dealers, mechanics, other vendors) for inspections where you will not be present
- Coordinate timing, payment, expectations, etc.
- 15%: Administrative
- Ensure unit photos are of good quality and provided to marketing team in a timely manner
- Update unit descriptions and details as needed
- Participate in marketing efforts locally and nationally
- Ensure paperwork is filed timely and accurately
- Collect and update information in SalesForce and other systems as needed
- Work with the Leadership Team to create workflows and processes to ensure that not only is the job getting done, but done in a way conducive to sustainable growth
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- You love construction equipment – you know how it works, how to work it, and how to work on it
- You are friendly, outgoing, and embody a positive attitude
- You get things done – you have a natural ability to manage your time and prioritize
- You are accountable and reliable – your previous managers have counted on you to timely and accurately complete mission-critical tasks with minimal supervision
- You are detail-oriented – nothing falls through the cracks
- You are organized – you can juggle various tasks and priorities on multiple calendars and are driven by deadlines and due dates
- You thrive in high-growth environments with certain levels of ambiguity
- You are a problem solver – you don’t just find problems, but you devise ways to resolve them; you find ways to automate or optimize repetitive tasks
- You enjoy building relationships with a wide variety of individuals both internally and externally
- You are a natural communicator – you combine articulate written and verbal communication with active listening ability to truly gain a deeper understanding
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with heavy equipment, ideally as an operator, inspector, or in a service capacity.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing a heavy equipment yard and/or associated services
- Computer literacy and the ability to learn programs easily (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, and Salesforce)
- Discretion with personal and confidential information
- Must reside within commuting distance to our yard in Crofton, MD
Other things you should know:
- Starting pay will be in the $50,000 range depending on experience + bonuses
- Candidates who can do most of the work required internally without engaging external vendors will receive preference
- 8 Paid Holidays annually
- 80 hours paid time off annually, prorated based on start date (goes to 120 hours after three years of employment)
- Generous medical benefits
- Dental and Vision 100% paid for by the company
- Aflac allowance
Job Type: Full-time