- Baker Technical Institute is currently seeking a full-time candidate for a Heavy Equipment / Truck Driving School Workforce Trainer at its Baker City, OR location.
- Valid ODL and CDL Class A in good standing with no restrictions.
- Experience as a heavy equipment operator.
- Three years’ experience driving a commercial motor vehicle that requires a CDL.
- Current Department of Transportation medical card, or the ability to obtain.
- Experience instructing in either area preferred.
- Any related endorsements or certifications a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to use a wide variety of teaching methods to promote learning.
- Intermediate knowledge of general maintenance and OSHA safety requirements with regard to equipment and job sites.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational/motivational skills.
- Ability to engage the student in decision-making, reasoning, and problem-solving.
- Shall have exhibited an earnest desire to work with students in order to provide them the opportunity to develop to their fullest capacity.
- Able to perform normal duties with minimal supervision.
- Strictly follow all State and Federal guidelines both in classroom, on the road and at driving range.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct heavy equipment and truck driving operation, safety, and basic maintenance to students in the Pacific Northwest and surrounding region. Instruction will utilize both simulators and actual equipment.
- Truck driving instruction includes basic skills, coordination, maneuvers and road training on public streets, roads and highways. Locations will include classrooms, mobile training platform, driving ranges, construction sites, and over the road.
- Establishes the concern for the safety and general welfare of the student.
- Works collaboratively with BTI management and other instructors to improve the overall program and the student experience.
- To build and support an environment in which student can gain self-esteem and develop a positive self-image.
- Maintains a positive attitude toward performing job duties and in working with other staff members.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complex tasks.
- Assists in the recruitment of new students and coordinates efforts to secure employment for graduating students.
- Addresses instructors and student(s) issues and concerns, documents resolution, and notifies management in a timely manner.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Must be sufficiently mobile to work in a classroom and/or outdoor environment with vehicles/equipment and students daily.
- Position additionally requires frequent travel and some work during evenings and some weekends.
- This position will be paid based upon experience. Approximately $30.43 per hour. Employees will be compensated at time and a half for working beyond 40 hours in one week from Sunday at 12:00 AM to Saturday at 11:59 PM.
You must apply through Frontline at https://www.applitrack.com/Baker5J/onlineapp/ to be considered and added to the applicant pool. If you have any questions, please call Cathy Martin, Personnel Department, at 541-524-2260, Ext. 1004.
Open Until Filled.
Baker Technical Institute is a leading provider of Career Technical Education programs focused on developing the next generation of skilled workers, technology innovators, entrepreneurs and community leaders in rural communities. We partner with regional employers and industry experts to provide innovative education in hands-on fields.
For More Information Contact
Baker Technical Institute
2500 E Street
Baker City, OR 97814
BTI is an equal opportunity educator and employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, veterans’ status, familial status, genetic information, disability, culture and /or financial status.
♦ Next Generation Education for a Thriving Community ♦
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Approximately $30.43 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance