Heavy equipment operator job opening
Under the immediate direction of supervisor, the Equipment Operator safely operates plant mobile heavy equipment to include Loaders, excavators, skid steers, water truck, etc. to assist in the safe and efficient manner crushing of stone. This position is working usually works 7AM-4PM 5 days a week. This position includes traveling out of state, ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE WILLING TO TO WORK OUT OF TOWN FOR A MINIMUM OF 5 DAYS TO A MAXIMUM OF 20 DAYS.
• Must be able to or willing to learn to operate all other mobile equipment, including: haul truck, excavator, skid steer, water truck and loader.
• Assist in plant repairs and clean-up.
• Perform pre-shift safety inspection on equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance and service mobile equipment. Report needed repairs to shop personnel.
• Responsible for good housekeeping of equipment.
• Adhere to MSHA and plant safety rules and regulations.
• Perform duties with minimum supervision.
Minimum Education And Experience
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Previous equipment operating experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Must be able to read equipment operating manual.
• Must be able to complete pre-shift inspection report.
• Must be able to communicate in English on radio or CB.
• Possess basic mathematical aptitude to complete daily reports.
• Must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
• Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner.
• Must be able to read and interpret gauges.
• Proven ability to work in a TEAM environment.
• Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to operate hand/foot controls.
• Possess good vision to perceive depth at close range and distances up to 150 feet.
• Must be able to climb on and off equipment to operate and service.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around mobile equipment.
• Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods up to 10+ hours per day.
• Must work outside in all weather conditions consistent with extreme ambient temperatures: heat, cold, wetness, dryness, dust, and noisy conditions.
• Must be able to work at various heights.
Larger equipment is typically air conditioned. There will be times when outside assignments that may require periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
****Please apply in person at 1841 Pennsylvania ave, Pine City NY 14871 or at www.tmtgravel.com