|Location||Columbia, South Carolina||View Website|
|Pay Rate||$45,000/year + DOE|
At Contour, we’re dedicated to providing the best heavy civil construction services in the Southeast. We’re proud to provide site preparation, mass excavation, and utility services to clients in the heavy civil and mining industries throughout the Carolinas and beyond. We’re able to take on your biggest obstacles and find the best ways to overcome them, resulting in projects that run efficiently for you.
We are looking for Heavy Equipment Operators, experienced in operating: skid steer loaders, wheel loaders, rollers, backhoe, excavator, bulldozer, haul trucks, and water trucks. MSHA Certification preferred, but not mandatory. GPS-guided equipment skills a plus. Must have at least 1 year of experience to qualify for this position.
To operate equipment safely and efficiently while adhering to company policies and OSHA
• Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies, and procedures
• Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
• Participate in routine maintenance
• Practice workplace safety
• General daily preventative equipment maintenance
• Light labor work as needed
• General site preparation techniques and procedures
• Site preparation layout
• Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
• Knowledge of road construction and maintenance techniques
• Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
• Knowledge of equipment cleaning standards and procedures
Benefits include: Top pay, company-matched 401(k), dental, health/life insurance, paid holidays, accrued time off, per diem / travel allowance, and bonus program.
As an equipment operator, you’re in charge of heavy machinery worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. You can run just about any machine including haul trucks, excavators, dozers, scrapers, graders, and many others performing tasks from mass excavation to laying pipe. Running equipment everyday is just about as cool as it gets.Learn More