|Location||Chesapeake, Virginia||View Website|
|Pay Rate||Based on qualifications.|
SITECH Chesapeake, the authorized dealer for Trimble Heavy and Civil construction products and services, as well as Accugrade grade control products, is hiring a Field Service Technician. SITECH’s territory covers the pan handle of West Virginia, Virginia, the District of Columbia, and the shores of Delaware. This position is responsible for installing and troubleshooting machine guidance systems on various types of earthmoving and paving equipment in the field and at customers’ facilities. Duties include performing advanced electrical and computer repairs, installing system wiring harnesses and related sensors, configuring machine guidance on board software, performing systems updates and other software related tasks, and modifying/installing hydraulic valves and hoses. Will perform advanced troubleshooting and service repairs while serving as an escalation point for less experienced technicians. Will demonstrate installed systems for customers. Seeking candidates with previous Caterpillar or related heavy equipment service experience, military diesel experience or completion of a diesel school program.
We are currently offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus for Field Service Technician new hires. $1,000 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,000 is payable after 180 days of employment.
• Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
• Strong mechanical aptitude; able to interpret and utilize information from operating, maintenance and service manuals/bulletins.
• Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
• Able to interact with customers, answer repair-related questions, and refer non-repair related questions to supervisor.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to write service reports that accurately document installations and repairs performed.
• Candidates should possess a clean driving record, and the ability to safely drive a service vehicle
• Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
SITECH Chesapeake is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
SITECH Chesapeake is a drug-free workplace.
Qualified candidates may submit a confidential application at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CAR1060CRTM/JobBoard/17957603-460f-45c5-b5ce-e434c73d66bb/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=2a63a526-7faf-48ce-854d-1f95436f296b.
If you’re a gearhead who loves to work with your hands, a career as a technician might be for you. The heavy equipment world wouldn’t function without dedicated mechanics repairing and maintaining machines. As a technician, you can either work on machines in a dedicated shop or visit projects via service truck to make repairs on site. It’s a sweet gig.Learn More