Reed Contracting Services, Inc. is looking for a Civil Construction Site Foreman – in Huntsville, AL
Established in 1987, Reed Contracting Services, Inc is a leading vertically integrated civil construction company in North Alabama.
Reed specializes in mass excavation and grading, highway construction, asphalt paving and products, underground utilities, limestone products, and trucking.
Job Summary: Role of Foreman
– Schedule, coordinate and supervise the work of all site operations
– Ensure all work is delivered safely on time and within budget
– Manage equipment, labor and materials on-site as required
– Minimum 3 years of experience as site superintendent or foreman in mass grading
and road construction or similar experience.
– Experience managing others including operators, labor staff and subcontractors
– Experience managing schedule and crews to meet strict deadlines and coordinate
multiple work operations at one time.
– Knowledge of heavy civil construction industry and processes
– Ability to read construction drawings and specifications
Tasks, Skills, Job Function:
– Reports to the General Superintendent
– Daily On-Site management of construction project, which may require travel within
– Ability to determine, schedule, direct and manage multiple work crews and subcontractors
– Extensive knowledge of plans & specifications; including ALDOT, State and local industry-
– Good safety record with strong understanding of OSHA requirements and regulations.
– Proficiency with job-site tools including Lasers, Grades. (GPS experience a plus)
– May perform other duties as assigned.
– Proven track record of success
– Current and valid driver’s license and clean MVR
– Oversee quality of workmanship of site
– Attention to detail
– Excellent organizational skills and communication skills
– Develop work schedule for workers
– Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds
– Attend meetings as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
– High School diploma/GED
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Competitive salary
– Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term disability insurance
– Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
– 401k with company match
– Paid vacation time
– Paid Holiday time
– Company truck provided
– Top pay based on experience and work history
Reed Contracting Services, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
You’ve worked as a laborer and operator for years, seen many projects go from start to finish, and now you’re hungry for more responsibility. As a foreman, you’ll lead one or often multiple crews to build each job. Everyone looks to you to ensure materials are on site, necessary equipment is ready, and create the plan for each day’s work.Learn More